Autumn is a terrific time to travel. In many places, the weather is warm during the day and comfortably cool at night. The fall leaves are changing colors. It is beautiful. So where should you go if you’re planning an autumn vacation.
Here are twelve terrific autumn vacation destinations:
1. Florence. If you have ever wanted to go to Italy then autumn is the time to do it. The summer crowds are gone but everything else that is great about Italy is still there. Florence is the top place to go at this time of year.
2. Upstate New York. Many people will tell you that New York City is a great place to visit in autumn and that is certainly true. However, you’ll find that a trip to upstate New York is even more magical. The beauty of the fall leaves on the trees here is just gorgeous. The serenity of the area is perfectly relaxing.
3. San Francisco. Many people make the mistake of visiting San Francisco in the summer. At that time, the city is cold and windy. However, San Francisco is gorgeous in the fall. It is sunny and warm, which is perfect for taking ferry rides and spending time in Golden Gate Park.
4. Buenos Aires. Like San Francisco, the weather is best in Buenos Aires in the fall (although it is actually springtime there when it is fall here). The days are warm and the nights are cool. There are many activities, parades and festivals that take place in this city during September, October and November.
5. Bavaria. This area of Germany is especially beautiful during the autumn months. The forests and trees surrounding this area are filled with the indulgent beauty of the changing seasons.
6. Kanasi of Xinjiang Province. This region of China is a protected region that is known for its constant beauty. The prettiness of the area is said to be most exquisite during the autumn months.
7. Vancouver. There is not a place in Canada that is not good to visit in the autumn months. That said Vancouver is a leading place. The natural beauty of this area is really magnified during the fall months as the colors begin to change.
8. Britain. What really makes Britain a terrific place to visit during the autumn months is that there are a number of popular walking festivals there at this time. Taking one of these strolls can provide you with a great scenic view of the area. It is a terrific way to see the countryside of this popular destination.
9. Gangwon-do Province. This is the best region to visit if you want to take a trip to Korea. That’s true pretty much anytime of year. In particular, it is nice in autumn because of the changing colors of the mountains and sea here at this time. Additionally, there are numerous fun festivals in the area during the autumn months.
10. Aspen. This Colorado city is one of the best spots in America to see fall foliage. The reds, yellows and oranges of the changing fall leaves are set against the dark green of the area’s evergreen trees. The contrast is gorgeous.
11. New Hampshire. Another very popular U.S. destination is New England. Specifically, New Hampshire is very beautiful at this time. A popular hot spot worth checking out is White Mountain National Forest. People who are seeking the traditional fall foliage vacation will enjoy the scenic relaxation here.
12. France Food Festivals. There are numerous delicious food festivals in France during the fall months. France is beautiful at this time of year and that beauty is enhanced with great-tasting food.