Lists are great for travelers. You can use lists to help you with packing. You can use lists to create your itinerary for a trip. And you can use lists to create long-term travel goals of all of the places that you want to visit. For example, you may make it a goal to visit the 100 richest countries in the world or you may make a list of all fifty U.S. states to visit them each in your lifetime. If lists are something you like for travel planning then you might want to borrow our list of 101 places to visit before you die. These are the most amazing cities, parks and landmarks in the world.
1. Amazon Rainforest. Nine different South American nations lay claim to the Amazon rainforest. Visit the amazing plants and animals here before you die.
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands. This unique world city is rich with culture and history.
3. Angkor Wat, Cambodia. This Hindu temple is unlike anything else you will ever see in your lifetime.
4. Ankara, Turkey. This capital city is an ancient city with many rich things for you to see.
5. Antarctica. Take a cruise to Antarctica for one of the most unusual travel experiences you’ll ever get to enjoy.
6. Aurora Borealis. Everyone should see the Northern Lights at least once in their lifetime. Check them out from many great northern cities in Finland, Canada and Alaska.
7. Autobahn, Germany. Challenge yourself to drive on this limitless highway!
8. Bali, Indonesia. This is a leading yoga destination and a popular spot for many other types of visitors as well.
9. Banff National Park, Canada. Travel along the amazing ice fields in this Canadian National Park.
10. Bangkok, Thailand. There are many different landmarks and attractions to see in this Asian city.
11. Berlin, Germany. This German capital has a very fascinating culture that you should experience before you die.
12. Bora Bora. This amazing French Polynesian island is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
13. Boyoma Falls, Democratic Republic of Congo. If this area of the world settles down in terms of strife and safety threats then you should go here to see one of the world’s best waterfalls.
14. Buenos Aires, Argentina. This great city has a creative mixture of Latin American and European influences.
15. Canaima National Park, Venezuela. This park is home to Angel Falls, another one of the most amazing waterfalls in the world.
16. Cartagena, Spain. This Mediterranean city has a fascinating history related to ancient times and including as the center of Islamic Spain.
17. Chicago, Illinois, U.S. This major U.S. city lies in the heart of the country and is a great spot for exploring what the United States is like.
18. Chichen Itza. Mexico. This is a large pre-Columbian archaeological site built by the Maya civilization.
19. Connemara National Park, Ireland. This stunning park has nearly 3000 hectares of mountains, bogs, heaths, grasslands and forests for you to explore.
20. Copenhagen, Denmark. This is the most visited Nordic destination. You don’t want to miss out do you?
21. Cuzco, Peru. This historic capital of the Inca Empire is a fascinating South American city that you should see before you die.
22. Dubai, UAE. This Middle Eastern playground has indoor ski slopes, grand man-made islands and the only seven star hotel in the world.
23. Dubrovnik, Croatia. This city is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the Adriatic Sea.
24. Easter Island. This Polynesian island is one of the most isolated islands in the world. It is home to some very neat ancient stone sculptures that will impress you when you visit.
25. Edinburgh, Scotland. Scotland is a must-see country in the world and this is its capital.
26. Ephesus, Turkey. This is a huge archaeological site located in Aegean Turkey (the western part of the country along the coast).
27. Fallingwater. This is an amazing structure built by world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright. It is located near Philadelphia, Pennyslvania, another American city that you should see before you die.
28. Fiordland National Park, New Zealand. This national park covers over 1 million hectares of land making it one of the largest national parks in the world. That makes it worth seeing!
29. Fish River Canyon, Namibia. This amazing canyon in Africa rivals the Grand Canyon in beauty.
30. Galápagos Islands. This set of remote islands in the Eastern Pacific Ocean is home to some of the most amazing wildlife in the world.
31. Gocta Cataracts. This set of waterfalls and gorges in Peru was only recently discovered and has definitely made it on the list of must-see places.
32. Grand Canyon, Arizona. There is no place in the world like this natural wonder!
33. Great Barrier Reef, Australia. This is the largest coral reef in the world and one of the most popular spots to go snorkeling and scuba diving.
34. Great Wall of China. This stunning man-made structure must be seen before you die.
35. Hong Kong. This huge Chinese city is separate from much of the rest of China and has a strong British influence, which makes it a highly fascinating place to visit.
36. Honolulu, Hawaii. It is important to visit Hawaii at least once in your lifetime. Choose this location or any other spot in the state.
37. Ibiza, Spain. This coastal destination has become a luxury hot spot that everyone wants to see!
38. Iguazu Falls. This South American waterfall is one of the largest and most impressive waterfalls in the world.
39. Jaisalmer Rajasthan, India. This so-called “Golden City” is home to numerous historic temples of the Jain people.
40. Jerusalem. This religious center is an important place for many people of the world.
41. Jökulsárgljúfur National Park. This European national park is home to the largest waterfalls in the country.
42. Juneau, Alaska. As with Hawaii, Alaska is a must-see U.S. state and Juneau is a great place to go if that’s where you’re headed.
43. Kaieteur National Park. Located in Guyana on the coast of South America, this national park is home to one of the world’s most amazing waterfalls.
44. Kruger National Park. This national park in South Africa has fourteen different eco-zones so you get to see a lot of different stuff in one place.
45. La Paz, Bolivia. Visit the markets and historical monuments of this great South American city.
46. Las Vegas, Nevada. This United States playground with its casinos and entertainment is a highly unique must-see city.
47. Ljubljana, Slovenia. Visit this small capital city on the banks of Ljubljanica river where artists and other creative people thrive.
48. London, UK. You haven’t seen the whole world until you’ve seen the city of London.
49. Los Angeles, California. Hollywood has influenced us all greatly over the years and this city is where it all happens.
50. Machu Picchu, Peru. This ancient Incan city is located in the Andes Mountains, a stunning part of the world.
51. Maria Island National Park, Tasmania, Australia. This “island has had a mixed history, including two convict eras, two industrial eras, a farming era and, finally, becoming the national park that it is today” (according to Wikipedia).
52. Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado. This U.S. national park is home to ancient cliff dwellings of the Native American people.
53. Miami, Florida. This beautiful beach city in the United States is rich with Latin American and Cuban culture.
54. Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park. Located in South Africa on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, this park is home to Victoria Falls, one of the largest waterfalls in the world.
55. Mount Everest. Climb Mount Everest before you die and you’ll be forever proud of yourself.
56. Mount Kilimanjaro. Ditto for this highest mountain in Africa.
57. Nanda Devi National Park, India. Experience the gorges and mountainous peaks of this gorgeous park in India.
58. New York City, United States. The skyscrapers are just the start of what you should see in this city!
59. Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania. This African crater is too amazing for words.
60. Niagara Falls State Park. These great waterfalls that straddle the U.S. and Canada are best seen from Ontario.
61. Okavango Delta, Botswana. This is the world’s largest inland delta. That’s definitely something to see in your lifetime!
62. Oslo, Norway. Explore Nordic history in this Norwegian capital.
63. Pamplona Bull Run. Do you dare to see the running of the bulls in Spain?
64. Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument. This marine monument in Hawaii will expand your world.
65. Parícutin Volcano, Mexico. Visit this volcano and the lava-covered city of Michoacan, often named as one of the seven wonders of the natural world.
66. Paris. This is the most romantic city in the world. Don’t miss the Eiffel tower.
67. Parthenon. This ancient temple in Greece is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
68. Petra, Jordan. According to Wikipedia, this “is a historic and archaeological city in the Jordanian governorate of Ma’an that is known for its rock cut architecture and water conduits system.”
69. Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia. The mountains and lakes of this national park will awe you with their beauty.
70. Pompeii, Italy. This historic city near Naples is partially underground. See it before you pass away!
71. Pyramids of Egypt. You will never be able to understand how the ancient Egyptians could have built these amazing wonders but you’ll be very glad that you saw them.
72. Quebec, Canada. See this French-Canadian city to get a sense of the culture of this North American country.
73. Quito, Ecuador. This Ecuadorian capital sits on historic ancient ruins giving visitors an chance to see modern South America and historic South America at the same time.
74. Reykjavik, Iceland. Visit the stunning hot springs of this northern capital city.
75. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This playful city provides a lot of fun for the world traveler.
76. Rome, Italy. There are many amazing places to see in Italy but this one is a must-see for its ancient history.
77. San Francisco, California. This European-influenced American city is home to the world famous Golden Gate Bridge.
78. Santorini, Greece. The beauty, the culture, the food … they’re all wonderful here.
79. Serengeti, Africa. The history of the people who migrated across this area is enhanced by the wonder of the several national parks here.
80. Singapore. This Asian island city is one of the most cosmopolitan places in the world.
81. South Africa. It is impossible to describe what this destination is like which is exactly why you need to visit it for yourself.
82. Stockholm, Sweden. This European city is a top place to visit for lovely outdoor adventures.
83. Stonehenge. Visit this weird prehistoric monument when you go to England.
84. Sydney, Australia. Everyone wants to visit Australia at some point in their lives and Sydney is a city that can’t be missed.
85. Taipei, Taiwan. This largest city in Taiwan and the capital city of the Republic of China connects to the other islands of the area with cool bridges.
86. Taj Mahal. This Indian mausoleum is one of the most amazing pieces of architecture you will ever get to see as well as a place filled with educational history.
87. The Karesansui Garden in Ryōan-ji Temple, Japan. This Japanese rock garden in Kyoto is one of the most peaceful places you will ever see.
88. The Louvre. You won’t believe how impressed you are with this English art museum until you see it for yourself.
89. The Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya. This is a large African game reserve where you can see animals such as giraffes for probably the first time in your life.
90. Tikal National Park, Guatemala. This is one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the pre-Columbian Maya civilization, an important civilization in the history of the world.
91. Tokyo, Japan. There is no place in the world quite like Tokyo. See it sometime in your lifetime.
92. Toronto, Canada. This is one of the leading cities in Canada and offers a lot for visitors to see.
93. U.S. Virgin Islands. The three main islands that make up the U.S. Virgin Islands are among the most beautiful spots in the world. What a great place for a relaxing beach vacation.
95. Venice, Italy. The waterways and history of Venice can’t be forgotten on a list of must-see world hot spots.
96. Vilnius, Lithuania. This capital city on the Neris River was named the European Capital of Culture in 2009.
97. Washington, D.C. This seat of American politics has numerous great museums and monuments to see. It’s definitely a must for Americans to visit and should be seen by other travelers as well.
98. Willamette Falls, Oregon. This set of West Coast waterfalls is one of the most amazing natural places in the United States. Don’t miss it.
99. Yangtze River. This longest river in Asia and one of the longest in the world is a historic transit route that touches many amazing Chinese cities that you should stop and see.
100. Yellowstone National Park, United States. The geysers and other geothermal landscape that you see here (along with the American bison) are unforgettable.
101. Yosemite National Park, United States. This popular California national park offers amazing hiking through mountains and along waterfalls.